domingo, 13 de septiembre de 2009

How can you be a person if you are discriminated by everybody?


In Frankenstein story, it was easy for me to see how much impact can have discrimination in someone. As we all know, Frankenstein was an experiment, but even though he had his own feelings and he wanted to be loved and to be respected by the rest of the people. I strongly believe that nowadays there are hundreds of injustices around people, and sometimes we tend to discriminate someone just because of their appearance, but we do not pay attention on their thoughts and feelings. It does not matter how someone looks like, because the most important thing is what he or she is.

While I was reading Frankenstein, sometimes I felt that some pieces of the text were related with what was happening to me at that moment. For example when Victor Frankensteind said "...endevouring to seek a few moments of forgetfulness...", that was related with my feelings. If I think about this, I can notice the impact that a reading can have in the reader, and how could it be related with him or her. Forgetfulness and loneliness were concepts that called my attention in the text and also touched my heart.

1 comentario:

Clau dijo...

Good ideas! but try to go a little bit further...in which sense did forgetfulness and loneliness touch? Or why those two feelings and not ambition, power or love?

Now, how do you about the idea of playing the God's role in terms of giving life to non-living things?

Take care,

Claudia