domingo, 27 de septiembre de 2009

Oliver Twist... From the past to these days...


If I think about what really called my attention while I was watching the movie Oliver Twist, I can say that people, but especially orphan children had to steal because if not they could not be able to live in that society. That was the way of thinking of so many people, but was that appropriate for people or children? Obviously not because stealing is not a way of living in excellent conditions, as it is known a better person is the one who try to improve his/her life, but working.


The movie made me ask me if adults did not think about the damage that they were causing to young people. Besides it impacted me a lot that abuse on children, because I would not like to see that near to me. For example I started to imagine as if I was Oliver, and I think that I could not support that.


Even today, it is easy to see children who are 10 years old or even less, and they are stealing at supermarkets, stores or in the street, and that is something that we should stop, because children are our future, and we have and need to help them to be better people.

2 comentarios:

Clau dijo...

good comments!!
As you mentioned the movie shows a reality that hasn't changed since industrialization appeared in our world, and even before that...People had have to steal to survive, although some do it just because they like to damge others...don't you think?
could you expand you idea about being Oliver? why wouldn't you stand living like he did?

take care,

claudia

Clau dijo...

sorry...they like to damage