domingo, 15 de noviembre de 2009

World and conflicts in our hands...



After reading T.S. Eliot`s poem, "The waste Land", I can say that it was a very difficult poem to read. Difficult because it was a little bit hard to understand. Maybe it was because Eliot wanted to say so many things and he did not organized them. Now I am going to try to write about what I understood or what made me feel this poem.


In relation to what I understood about the poem, I can say that Wars are very shocking facts that can affect people`s feelings and thoughts. Moreover, I noticed that specially Eliot was very influenced by this huge conflict, and obviously everybody were.


This waste land that Eliot is describing is a place which maybe was devastated by those conflicts and this was changing everything that was happening; places and people were changing all the time. People were very scared about what was happening, and Eliot too. The poem involved me a lot on what the writer was feeling. It made me feel fears as people were feeling at that time.


Perhaps I writing things that have nothing to do with other people`s perception, but everybody is different and will comprehend something in different ways. Whether I am right or wrong I wrote what I felt. Possibly this waste land is the space between the good and the bad aspects of the war, and what comes after this conflict finishes.

No hay comentarios: