viernes, 17 de abril de 2009

Chaucer: "Truth"




"Truth" is a poem which was written by Geoffrey Chaucer, an English poet. In this poem, Chaucer make an interesting analysis about what happened a that time. When I read this poem for the first time I started thinking about "what does it mean truth?". For me, the truth is what you are, and you do not have lie about who you are. Chaucer said that if we say the truth is going to be the better way to go to heaven. If I think about this, I can say that religious and God are really important issues, because there says that if we follow what God have said, you are going to be in the right way. But, what happen today? Is the Truth an important issue?, I think that nowadays, telling the truth is not a big issue, because now everybody lies. Analizing this, I can say that now, each person just know his/her own truth, but they do not know anything about the rest. For that reason it is really important to say the truth, it doesn´t matter if you don´t believe in God, but saying the truth can make you a better person.

"Be satisfied with what you have, even if it isn’t much..." Geoffrey Chaucer, "Truth"

No hay comentarios: